- Ensure correct shipment from forwarder prior acceptance.
- Unpack the delivered items for inbound inspection
- Perform incoming and outgoing inspection to ensure that aviation products, parts and appliances meet the applicable design specification
- Ensure all certificates and deliveries documentation are in order
- Ensure proper record of technical inspections performed in the production orders and the relevant IT system (SAP)
- Issue certificates of conformity and/or EASA Form 1, where applicable
- Document shipment discrepancy in the applicable Claim Database and follow up with relevant stakeholders to resolve the discrepancy.
- Act as liaison for customer/supplier and the company to resolve non-conformance and quality problems effectively through communication with relevant stakeholders.
- Provide support and guidance to the Customer Service team on customer’s claim and follow up to ensure correct handling and closure of the claim.
- Oversee non-conforming material handling and disposition of material
- Ensure that rejected goods from suppliers as well as returned goods from customers are handled according to the company’s guidelines
- Maintain documentation in accordance with EN/AS 9120 and EASA requirements
- Maintain tidy conditions in own working area and any other areas for which the individual is responsible
- Report any Suspected Unapproved Parts to the Quality Head of Department
- Perform pick, pack and process shipment orders through the point of picking to dispatch with appropriate paperwork, when necessary.
Personal & interpersonal skills:
- Good team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, able to multi-task effectively
- Strong analytical skill, with ability to work under pressure and a high level of integrity and passionate in problem solving and drive for results
- Must exhibit a high level of motivation, sense of urgency, attention to detail, energetic approach to job duties and requirements
- Inter-cultural understanding
- Attitude supportive of Satair values
- Min 18 months of aviation experience with at least 6 months in quality assurance function – preferably with a background as aircraft mechanic or engineer
- Well versed in current airworthiness authorities’ regulatory requirements, such as, FAR145, EASA145, CCAR145 and SAR145 including attending refresher training, where applicable.
- Knowledge of AS9100/AS9120/ISO9001 quality system requirements
- Technically knowledgeable and capable of grasping detailed engineering and quality concepts
- Ability to understand and read blueprints, schematics & Component Maintenance Manuals
- Be familiar with aircraft sub-systems, components, associated equipment and technical documentation systems
- Ability to analyze inspection findings, and determine best case analysis
- Be able to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing
- PC literacy, including word processing, spreadsheets and databases
- Knowledge of Lotus Notes tools
- Familiar with work-related routines under Satair’s ERP system
As a member of the Satair family you will be encouraged to engage, share knowledge and ideas. Your talent, experience and ability to influence the agenda will be valued. Satair is investing in unique skills and development of people through internal and external training, coaching and professional development programmes.
Send your application
If this sounds like you, please send us your application and experience what it is like to be part of a global team of exceptional individuals driven by a customer centric and innovative mind-set, a can-do attitude and world-class excellence in everything we do.